Monday, June 3, 2013

Where in the world is our adoption tee at? Post #6



Thinking about where these tees landed makes my mouth water. Meet Ben and Kellie Doolittle, owners of the AWESOME new restaurant, Blue Hickory Blues and BBQ in Covington on HWY 21.


                                                 

                                                 

Kellie and I went to high school together back in the day. I ran into her last year and found out her and her husband were opening a new restaurant in town. Once I started seeing the pictures of the AMAZING food on facebook, I knew that I had to get over there and try it and let me tell you something, I am still salivating over that meal a week and a half later. Here are a few pics of some of their dishes to give you a little tease. You can check out their full menu on the link above.

BBQ Benedict for Sunday Brunch


BBQ Cobb Salad with homemade ranch (MY FAVORITE)

Pulled Pork Tacos with Roasted Green Chili Salsa



With it's quaint family atmosphere, delicious food, and unbeatable customer service, this is one BBQ joint you HAVE to try! They EVEN have a drive through for all you moms out there who don't want to unload all the kids out of the car. Here are some other great things about Blue Hickory Blues and BBQ:
  • The are a locally owned business (skip the chain restaurants and support these guys)
  • All of their ingredients are fresh
  • They cater
  • You can call in your orders
  • $7.95 lunch menu
  • They sell family packs, perfect for those nights when you just don't feel like cooking
  • They have daily specials
  • They serve Sunday brunch complete with mimosas and live music
  • Healthy options (my favorite the Cobb Salad)
  • They make all of their own sauces and dressings. I am a sauce girl and these guys had me in sauce heaven! So many options and flavors.
  • Tuesday nights are now FAMILY night ( after 4 pm), which means, with every entree purchase you get a free piglet meal for kids 12 and under.
So thank you Kellie and Ben for your support of our adoption and thank you for providing top of the line BBQ to feed my belly. I am already trying to decide what my next meal will be off the menu. 







No comments:

Post a Comment