McGinty Family
Tuesday, July 16, 2013
Kisses from Katie
After hearing how amazing this girl's story was, I just had to read this book. It is a beautiful story of how God worked in the heart of one ordinary girl to bring about great change. It is inspiring, moving, challenging, redeeming, and just BEAUTIFUL! If you have not read it, I encourage you to do so. This girl's courage and faith are truly motivating and proof that if we say "yes" to God, he can use us to do BIG things for his kingdom.
Here are some of the things I underlined in the book that really resonated with me:
"Adoption is wonderful and beautiful and the greatest blessing I have ever experienced. Adoption is also difficult and painful. Adoption is a beautiful picture of redemption. It is the Gospel in my living room. And sometimes it's just hard."
"The more I give of myself, the more He fills me up. The more I love the more I have to give."
"How often as human beings we are crippled by our fears. We are afraid of change, of loss, of being hurt. We cling so tightly to what we have because we are afraid of what would happen if we didn't have these things anymore.......But what if just beyond that risk, just beyond the fear is a life better than anything we have ever imagined: life to the fullest."
"I believe that God totally, absolutely, intentionally gives us more than we can handle. Because this is when we surrender to Him and he takes over, proving himself by doing the impossible in our lives."
"I must obey and be faithful only to what he has asked of me, even when tangible or earthly successes are not seen."
A life changed is worth it, even if only one. God's love made known is worth it, even if only to one. I will not save them all. But I will keep trying. I will say 'Yes', I will stop for one."
"I believe that every human being on this planet is God's child, perfectly made and beloved and cherished by him. I believe that his heart hurts even more than mine when my baby is hurting, for each and every one of these hurting, dying, starving, crying children in our world. So, I have to believe that if my heart was truly seeking to be aligned with God, that I would hurt for each of these children as well. But sometimes I forget. Sometimes I'm busy. Sometimes hurting for my very own children feels like enough. I believe the world says this is okay. I believe it is wrong. And this keeps me up at night."
"I have learned along my journey that if I really want to follow Jesus, I will go to the hard places. Being a Christ follower means being acquainted with sorrow. We must know sorrow to be able to fully appreciate joy. Joy costs pain, but the pain is worth it. After all, the murder had to take place before the resurrection.
You can get the book: Kisses from Katie on Amazon and you can read her blog her:
http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment