Saturday, March 2, 2013

A "Piece" of the story

Have you ever been part of something BIG? Even if you were just a PIECE of it, didn't it feel AMAZING? I think it is human nature to want to take a stand for something, to make a difference, no matter how big or small. Well, I want to invite you to be a part of something BIG by doing something small!

Like I mentioned before, it is going to take a village to bring our son home. So, we are starting a fundraiser that will help us get one step closer to our son while letting others take part in his adoption story. So, here is the deal:

We designed and ordered this 500 piece puzzle of Africa with a little heart over Ethiopia.


We will be "selling" each puzzle piece for $10. When you buy a puzzle piece, we will write your name/family name on the back of the puzzle piece. As the pieces are sold, we will begin putting the puzzle together and showing picture updates on the blog. Once we sell all 500 pieces, we will have the puzzle completed and we will frame it between 2 pieces of glass to hang in our son's room.

I get butterflies in my stomach when I think of flipping that frame over one day, when he is old enough to understand, and showing him the names of everyone that was a "piece" of bringing him home to his forever family. How cool is that? So, what do you say? Would you be a "piece" of our son's story?






You can buy as many pieces as you'd like (we will write your name across however many you buy, so the more you get, the bigger your name). Just click on the donate button on the top left of our blog (If you do not see it, it may be because you are on a mobile device and need to click "View full web version" at the bottom of your page). Once you donate, send me a message on FB or an e-mail  at angiemcginty@gmail.com to tell me what name you would like on your puzzle piece(s). Feel free to share our blog with your friends and family who you think may want to take part. I don't know 500 people, so I am unsure how this is going to happen, but I know it can be done!

We are so excited about this fundraiser, as it will be a reminder to us that we are not in this alone and that our little guy is being covered in love and support already. We THANK YOU so much ahead of time for your contribution. Be sure to check back into the blog periodically for puzzle picture updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment