Happy New Year everyone! Last month I shared that we had officially made it onto the long wait list for a referral. Also, that each month, as referrals were given, we would inch closer and closer to the bottom of the list, which meant closer and closer to a referral for a child. Oh what joy it was to be on that list FINALLY! I also said that I would update you all each month as we got a new wait list number (I was so excited to share a cute little number with you all each month).
Unfortunately, we are longer going to be able to do that. Our placing agency has recently requested that families in process no longer share case specific information on social media. I apologize for the false advertising. I will say that the wait is long guys! LOOOOOONG! With many new policies being put into place in Ethiopia, it seems as though our wait may even increase from what we were originally told. There is nothing that we can do about this, but wait and pray!
This past week, there were rumors that Ethiopia was attempting to shut down international adoption. While that does not seem to be the case as of now, we just never know what the future holds with a foreign government. There have not been many referrals recently due to a slow down in processing paperwork on the Ethiopia end. For now, during this period of waiting, we ask that you pray for Ethiopia, pray that they stay opened to International adoption, pray that referrals pick up, pray for the families who are waiting, pray for the children who need loving families, pray for the birth parents of these children. Pray for our son.
We look forward to all of the ways that God will move in this adoption process in the new year. We know he will continue to grow and stretch us, even during this long season of "waiting." Thanks for waiting alongside of us.
While I'm Waiting from John Waller on Myspace.
No comments:
Post a Comment