Monday, October 14, 2013

LuLaRoe Shows the Love

One of the coolest parts about this adoption process so far, is seeing the people who have been touched by our story and want to jump in and be a part of it. I have mentioned several people who have come up with their own unique ways to help us with the cost of this adoption from offering legal services to making our adoption video, selling homemade body products,  donating talents and items, cutting hair, etc. Today, I have another fabulous lady to tell you about.

 I met Christy about 2 years ago through one of the neighborhood block parties that we threw. I found out that we had mutual friends and I would see her at events on occasion. A few weeks ago she attended a ladies night with our church. I had heard that she started doing trunk shows with LuLaRoe



LuLaRoe sells the cutest most comfy maxi skirts, A line skirts, pencil skirts and dresses. I congratulated her on her new business venture. She proceeded to tell me that our family had been on her heart with the adoption and she wanted to use this business not only as an income source, but a way to give back. She felt like our adoption was how she wanted to do that. I got choked up! It is so amazing how God is laying this adoption not only on our hearts but others as well.  

Christy told me that her plan was that every time she does a trunk show, she will give the people there a chance to enter a drawing for a free maxi skirt. You can get 1 raffle ticket for $2 or 3 tickets for $5. WOW...what a great deal! I would totally be entering that drawing. She is then going to use that money from the raffles at her Trunk Shows and donate it to us to go towards our fundraising efforts. She has our little picture up at the shows and is sharing our story with her clients. I was so touched and humbled, as I was reminded that this adoption is WAY bigger than us! 

I remember her saying, "I know it's not much, but I wanted to help in some way." I told her that the heart behind it means more to me than any amount of money and that we are so appreciative for any amount, no matter how big or small. I just love that God has placed people in our lives who are willing to be creative and supportive in so many ways, big and small. Each person who has stepped up in some way is a source of encouragement for Evan and I and we are thankful.

If you are interested in booking a trunk show with Christy, contact her via her FB page. It's super easy and fun! She brings all of the items to you. Invite your friends to come over and try them on at the party and leave with their new wardrobe in hand! No sales pitch, no catalog, just trying on some adorable clothes with your closest friends. There is also a way to earn a free skirt and get items at a discount.  Many of my friends have recently purchased from her and every time I see them in their LuLaRoe, I fall more in love with their line. Comfortable, affordable and super cute!

Thank you Christy for thinking of us while you embark on this new fashionable journey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment