I thought I would update everyone since it has been a while. The truth is, there is not much to update. Like every first of the month, we got a new wait list number and a monthly update from our agency on August 1st. We BARELY inched at all up the wait list for a referral. We are so far away guys, like so far away that I really wonder if this will ever happen. Things have just slowed so incredibly much in Ethiopia. When we started this process we were told 18-24 months wait for a referral. While we have only (it seems like forever) been on the wait list for 9 months, that timeline has changed. In fact, wait list times have increased a good bit since then. If I do the math based on the average amount of referrals given out each month, we could potentially be waiting 7 years. I just don't think I have that in me guys! Of course it could always move faster than that, but based on what we have seen so far, I am trying to prepare myself.
While, yes, we desire to have another child, and if we did not feel led to adopt, we would have been pregnant by now, we also want to meet a need. There are so many children out there who need good homes, good families, who are ready to love them, give them care, stability and teach them the gospel. We are ready for that. It is hard to sit back and WAIT knowing we could be that for a child right now.
We were told in our monthly update, that in September, the director of our agency will be traveling to Ethiopia to meet with government officials who handle adoptions, in order to see what the future of the Ethiopia program looks like. Honestly, I am a little nervous to see what they find out. Until then, we are sitting still, trying to be patient, not making any moves. We are hoping that after we receive word about their trip, God will give us clarity about how to move forward with this process. If he wants us to stay put and wait it out in Ethiopia, or if he wants to move us in a different direction. I have no idea what that could even potentially look like, but we want to be open and willing to go where God wants us. We are simply HIS instruments and He is writing this story, not us. We do not want to make decisions based on emotion only, but filter everything we do through His word, prayer and encouragement from those we love and trust.
We are confident that we are in his will and we still have such a strong desire to adopt and love a child. Things are quiet, but our hearts are still aching and our son is somewhere out there. We continue to pray for our little (or big) guy every day. We know God will continue to direct our steps and we wait with anticipation to bring Brother home when God matches us with him and says it is time. Prayers for clarity, direction and peace are always greatly appreciated!

No comments:
Post a Comment